Who Me?
I am a creative, homely and domesticated mother of two very active boys, the loving, loyal and by rare request slutty wife to my considerably older husband, a devoted daughter to my mother, uncivilized to the rest of my family and misunderstood by everyone else. Like I give a flying rats ass.

Hobbies?
(Not Limited To) cleaning, cooking, sewing, crocheting, quilting, walking, 500 piece jigsaw puzzles, driving, web design and graphics

My Web Designs

My Recipes

Always a first...
Speaking of reading...
New Year's Resolutions... Tis the season to be jolly... Party In Momma's Bed? What? Parental Concern... In Sickness And In Health... In the depths of the dungeon...
Adventure Archive
July 2004
August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 July 2005 August 2005 November 2006
Member Of


< ? Blogging Mommies # >

< # Made by Mom ? >
Groovy Blogs


Reading


*beep*
leave a message





the life of a mother with youth






Saturday, January 29, 2005
Wonderous Winterland...

I've known for a few days that the weather here was going to take a turn for the worse. I put off grocery shopping and stocking up dispite my knowledge. Friday involved a busy afternoon in the car, picking up children and taking Hanna to the vet for a rabies shot. By the time I got out of the vet's office I was ready to go home but alas, I had to make what I thought would be a quick trip into Wal-Mart. I hate Wal-Mart but it happened to be on the way home and I was in a hurry. My quick trip ended up as an hour adventure but it was worth it, I got the things that I needed for Hanna. Once I got back to Mom's, I was exhausted and didn't want to go any further. I spent last night at Mom's.

Due to the expected changes in the weather, I had myself and the kids ready by 9:30AM to go to the grocery store and home but I opened the door and the ice was already coming down. I closed the door, took our coats off and settled in. I had planned on spending the entire storm at Mom's house but changed my mind about 7:30PM tonight. There was already about 6 inched of snow piled on the 2 hour ice accumilation and it was sleeting again. I called Tim, told him my plans, packed up the kids and the dog and we were on our way.

I have only driven in the snow and ice a couple of times - 5 times to be exact. I wouldn't exactly call myself an expert but I did get a couple of lessons in Canada *thanks Chris*. I was nervous, I have to admit it but my car has good tires, its in great running ability and I did have my cellphone.

There are only about 4 ways to get home from Mom's house. I carefully considered each way as the car warmed up. The first three ways to go involve barely used, curvy mountain roads and are definately not safe during the weather. The forth features a huge hill that Mom actually wrecked on after a previous ice storm but it was the road more traveled. It took the car 10 minutes and my scraping the windows for the windows to thaw. Finally I was on my way!

more to come later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

design by April