Who Me?
I am a creative, homely and domesticated mother of two very active boys, the loving, loyal and by rare request slutty wife to my considerably older husband, a devoted daughter to my mother, uncivilized to the rest of my family and misunderstood by everyone else. Like I give a flying rats ass.

Hobbies?
(Not Limited To) cleaning, cooking, sewing, crocheting, quilting, walking, 500 piece jigsaw puzzles, driving, web design and graphics

My Web Designs

My Recipes

In Sickness And In Health...
In the depths of the dungeon...
The Insensitivity of Men... A Serious Pain In The.... X Rated - Read At Own Risk... Thanksgiving... Bitter Sweet... My hair...
Adventure Archive
July 2004
August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 July 2005 August 2005 November 2006
Member Of


< ? Blogging Mommies # >

< # Made by Mom ? >
Groovy Blogs


Reading


*beep*
leave a message





the life of a mother with youth






Sunday, December 26, 2004
Tis the season to be jolly...

I have to admit that Christmas has not ment that much to me in many years. After moving out of my parent's house, it was just another day to Tim and I without children. Once we had and lost Audrey, I was basically dead on Christmas. My sister helped me with this by bringing a little girl who was about the same age that Audrey would have been who happened to have the same color hair and eyes. It was devistating and I never really got over it. This is our 5th Christmas without Audrey. It's getting better.

I refuse to feed Isaac the Santa bullshit. I do not understand how parents expect their children to be honest when, at some point or another, they will learn that their parents have been lieing to them about a fat man in a red suit. I remember when I made the Santa discovery and I felt very betrayed. In our house, our children will learn the true meaning of Christmas -- Jesus's birthday. In honor of Jesus's birthday - we give and receive, giving is more important than receiving and family is more important than anything.

For Christmas, Isaac got various toys but he did get his Leap Pad. This will help me teach him to read, something that he has been asking for. What better gift to give a child? Once he learns to read, his adventures will be unlimited. Nicholas got developmental educational toys - the Peek-A-Blocks.

I had a custom leather, hand-crafted, belt made for Tim. I think he will like it. The only reason he doesn't have it yet is because he went to work after the kids opened their presents. He did, however, get personal play time with me - you know how men are.

I got a Hoover Floor Mate. With 2800 square feet of hardwood floors I need it. You guys think I'm a neat freak. You don't realize the space that I have to maintain and it takes daily scrubbing to keep it clean. *laughing*

I've started a new project for myself - scrapbooking. I've never really done it on paper before. I design webpages and it is very similar to scrapbooking in that it is layers, each page needs to pop. Wish me luck on this. My first scrapbook will be of Isaac's first school year. I have pictures of most of the events and access to the pictures that other parents have taken. I plan to do this on the computer and print out the pages but I'm not sure that I'll get the effect that I want that way. Some things are just better if done by hand. Any suggestions?

The New Year is approaching very fast. I've accomplished everything and some that I wanted to this year. I'll post about my new goals soon.

How was your Christmas?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

design by April