Who Me?
I am a creative, homely and domesticated mother of two very active boys, the loving, loyal and by rare request slutty wife to my considerably older husband, a devoted daughter to my mother, uncivilized to the rest of my family and misunderstood by everyone else. Like I give a flying rats ass.

Hobbies?
(Not Limited To) cleaning, cooking, sewing, crocheting, quilting, walking, 500 piece jigsaw puzzles, driving, web design and graphics

My Web Designs

My Recipes

Finally!
Oh happy days...
Domestic Affairs... The Stupid Award goes to... Something Cute Awe my kids... Look At My List Ah
Adventure Archive
July 2004
August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 July 2005 August 2005 November 2006
Member Of


< ? Blogging Mommies # >

< # Made by Mom ? >
Groovy Blogs


Reading


*beep*
leave a message





the life of a mother with youth






Monday, November 01, 2004
Needle In A Haystack...

It was no joke that I lost our house payment. Although I didn't cry, I wanted to. Tim was very angry, and really still is, at me. I've dealt with the smart comments and the looking when I possessed just a $1.00 bill in my pocket. I've learned to swallow my pride when Tim made comments like, "Do you think you can keep that dollar and not lose it?" I've been working overtime to somehow make $510.00 to replace it so that maybe it would all stop. I got a call at about 11:00 AM from our landlord.
"April, Billy was outside and went to dump a load of leaves over the bank and found part of your bank envelope. You might want to get someone to come over here and go down the bank to find the money."

As soon as I could get us dressed I was out the door. Since I am the one that lost it, I was going down the bank -- no matter what the bank looked like.

After picking Mom up, we headed up the mountain to Billy and Carol's house. Upon arriving, Billy met us in the driveway to show us where he dumps his leaves. He has a yard vacuum and sucks up the cut grass and fallen leaves weekly. He explained that he went to dump a load of leaves over the bank and happened to look down and found the bank envelope.

When I was in college, myself and a group of friends would go rock climbing any chance that we got. It used to scare my mom out of her wits. She would beg me not to go rock climbing with "amateurs". Well, today those skills came in handy.
The bank is about 20 foot down and at a grade so steep that it required a ladder that was tied to a tree at the top since the bottom happens to be a river. I took a couple of quick draws off of a smoke while I pondered where I would start. He has been dumping leaves here for 12 years. I knew that if I were to make a wrong move, I'd be in the river and that I'd probably take the money with me. Even though I didn't have the proper shoes and only leaves to stabilize myself with, I managed to recover $271.00 and half of a $100.00 of my lost $510 as well as stay dry. I did look like I had been wrestling a wild boar though. I was covered from head to toe in leaf fragments and mud.

Unfortunately, my party days are over eM. When you become a mother, you buy the things your family needs first which happened to be groceries. I did have a blast grocery shopping though. It was odd really but the boys got along and Nicholas let me put him in the buggy without crying. I spend the majority of what I found today and I'm glad that now my cup runneth over. If all else fails - we'll have food.

~~yay!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

design by April