Who Me?
I am a creative, homely and domesticated mother of two very active boys, the loving, loyal and by rare request slutty wife to my considerably older husband, a devoted daughter to my mother, uncivilized to the rest of my family and misunderstood by everyone else. Like I give a flying rats ass.

Hobbies?
(Not Limited To) cleaning, cooking, sewing, crocheting, quilting, walking, 500 piece jigsaw puzzles, driving, web design and graphics

My Web Designs

My Recipes

Something Cute
Awe my kids...
Look At My List Ah all is well.. my heart stopped today... Nicholas's Quilt - my very first  Introducing my best friend Misty...
Adventure Archive
July 2004
August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 July 2005 August 2005 November 2006
Member Of


< ? Blogging Mommies # >

< # Made by Mom ? >
Groovy Blogs


Reading


*beep*
leave a message





the life of a mother with youth






Tuesday, October 26, 2004
Oh happy days...

You guys missed my happy days so this is gonna be a bitchfest.

I got rid of my cats - both of them. After giving Bing away, Murphy decided that he need not use the litter box in the house. Instead he would use whatever was closest when he had to go. This did not go over well with me. In addition to that, Nicholas's rash didn't get any better so I was convinced that he was allergic to all cats. I finally broke down today and took Murphy to the animal shelter. I am not happy about this either.

I woke up this morning with the skin on on my legs from my knees down to my feet red and swollen from bites. I didn't realize it until after taking Murphy to the shelter. Funny - it looks just like Nicholas's rash. I think its flea bites. Little hitchhikers from my Mom's. *sigh*

I fogged my house today for fleas. Oh Joy. This means I got to clean every surface again. I'm getting good at this and a dear friend, you know who you are, says that I'm a compulsive cleaner. I am not *looks all innocent*.

Tomorrow I get to:
  • Deal with Tim. He gets home in the morning.
  • Go pumpkin hunting. I still haven't gotten pumpkins.
  • Carve pumpkins and clean pumpkin seeds.
  • Finish cleaning.
  • Do, oh I dunno, about 10 loads of laundry.
  • Completely clean my car, like my house.
  • Go to Isaac's school and decorate for Halloween Day that I refused to let them skip just because the school board has a thing against cake, icecream, anything with sugar, candy, choking hazards, predrawn art for the kids to color, oh and did I mention that it has to be an educational party. You're wondering what kind of party this will be right? Good because you're about to find out.

    The Halloween Day
    This month's lesson plan includes:
  • The color orange (yay, my FAVORITE)
  • The shape triangle (I'm more of a round)
  • Letters D, E and F
  • Sense : Touch (learning hot and cold)

    So this party, good thing it is Halloween, is required to feature the above lesson plan. This is how I've worked it out.

    Decorations:
  • Pumpkins - uncarved.
  • Glow in the dark skeletons.
  • Scarey, not too scare, music in background.
  • Orange & black streamers.
  • Witch Pot
  • Groovy wall hangings.

    Food:
  • Apple Juice (in witch pot)
  • Salsa and BAKED tortilla chips
  • Angel Food Cake with Whipped Cream Topping (that will be tinted orange)
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Pumpkin Seeds

    Educational Activities:
  • Hand Ghosts : Black construction paper and white paint. Kids will dip hands in paint and splat them on the paper. We'll hang them upside down (fingers down) and that will be our ghosts.
  • Pumpkin Carving. I'll be doing this for them with the kids helping clean out the pumpkin goo. We'll bake the seeds for the food part.
  • Pumpkin Decorating. I plan on purchasing 18 pie pumpkins, one for each of them to decorated with paper, pens, crayons, whatever they want. We'll use TRIANGLES for the eyes and noses.
  • Story time. Mom is gonna dress like a witch (ha!) and read the kids a story about witches and Halloween.
  • Party bags featuring assorted none chokeable Halloween toys including 1 glow stick per child and their very own plastic Halloween cup.
  • Halloween night safety.

    Hopefully this will keep the kids busy all day, having fun and actually learning something.

    I've been so busy that I haven't had the time or energy to blog. All of this will be changing. I am going to slow down a bit. We're just about done with the site, only working out minor stuff now but here's the link - go order something!
    Krug's Lotions 'n More

  • 6 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home

    design by April