Who Me?
I am a creative, homely and domesticated mother of two very active boys, the loving, loyal and by rare request slutty wife to my considerably older husband, a devoted daughter to my mother, uncivilized to the rest of my family and misunderstood by everyone else. Like I give a flying rats ass.

Hobbies?
(Not Limited To) cleaning, cooking, sewing, crocheting, quilting, walking, 500 piece jigsaw puzzles, driving, web design and graphics

My Web Designs

My Recipes

i gave my blood to vampires...
super busy...
hima's blog title - take 2  Hima's Blog Title - Take 1 I'm so tired, I'll share pictures instead of typin... holidays, ugh... holy shitballs Batman... A design in born...
Adventure Archive
July 2004
August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 July 2005 August 2005 November 2006
Member Of


< ? Blogging Mommies # >

< # Made by Mom ? >
Groovy Blogs


Reading


*beep*
leave a message





the life of a mother with youth






Wednesday, September 15, 2004
the first of many...

Tonight was Isaac's first Parent Meeting. I met a few of the other parents, only 4 (including me) showed up out of 19 kids. I can't imagine why parents don't take time to be actively involved in their children's lives. This is something I will always ponder, as I am very interested in Isaac's education. This was the perfect opportunity to ask the teachers specific questions about Isaac's behavior in the classroom. I found out that his favorite play areas were the "construction", which features a large variety of building blocks and legos and the "playground", should be obvious to you but it is the outside jungle gym thing. I also found out that Isaac eats well at school, even his fruits and juices. He has two teachers but only one of them were at the meeting and she was really thorough on all topics. Explanations of how things work was really the theme of tonight's meeting. She explained the Scholastic Readers Program and how every $15 ordered by parents meant that the center got a free set of books. It was also stated that volunteer hours add up to more funding for each individual center. Parent of the month is the parent that volunteers the most and Parent of the Year has to volunteer at least 100 hours and do a special project with the kids. I bet you have no doubt on who will be Parent of the Year. *grins* Also at the meeting, a parent was asked to volunteer to be on the Policy Council. This Policy Council consists of a leader and 1 parent from each center and meetings are held at a local restaurant. Funding, projects, field trips, special needs, supplies and total growth of each center are on the topics of discussion and it is up to the Policy Council to ensure that the center you represent gets the things that they need to remain the best. I am the Policy Council Parent for Isaac's center.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

design by April