Who Me?
I am a creative, homely and domesticated mother of two very active boys, the loving, loyal and by rare request slutty wife to my considerably older husband, a devoted daughter to my mother, uncivilized to the rest of my family and misunderstood by everyone else. Like I give a flying rats ass.

Hobbies?
(Not Limited To) cleaning, cooking, sewing, crocheting, quilting, walking, 500 piece jigsaw puzzles, driving, web design and graphics

My Web Designs

My Recipes

4 legged critters...
big smiles...
deep breaths... deep breaths... the first of many... blogger issues... in the loo of things... i gave my blood to vampires...
Adventure Archive
July 2004
August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 July 2005 August 2005 November 2006
Member Of


< ? Blogging Mommies # >

< # Made by Mom ? >
Groovy Blogs


Reading


*beep*
leave a message





the life of a mother with youth






Saturday, September 25, 2004
and so it was late...

Tim's official birthday was Thursday, September 23. He was 39 years old. Since he was working, he got his birthday present (a dvd player and surround sound system)early and today he got his birthday dinner. It doesn't matter what I cook, it is always his favorite. Tonight I cooked a meatloaf that melted in our mouths, stewed potatoes, peas and carrots and biscuits, of course, all homemade. In addition to dinner I spent the majority of the morning baking his cake. I made the cake and icing from scratch as well as decorated it myself. I bought fresh cut flowers and did the table up super nice for him. When we returned from picking Tim up from work, as soon as we opened the door, you could smell the treats. All of the way up the basement stairs, Tim guessed what he was having for his birthday dinner. He was never further from the truth but he enjoyed it none-the-less. Here are some pictures.

First the table...


A close up of the cake...


Feeling very domestic from the day of made-from-scratch cooking, I decided to give quilt making a whirl. I'm making a quilt for Nicholas that will measure 60 inches square. It has 5 basic prints of fabric in a red, light blue, dark blue, yellow plaid and yellow with blue flowers. I picked these fabrics for a specific reason.
The red is to represent my love for Nicholas. The light blue and dark blue for the colors in his eyes and yellow for happiness. I am finished with a little over half of the piecing together. Once all of the pieces are together, batting, binding and finishing are to be done. Hopefully, I'll have it done by Monday.

~~domesticated

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

design by April