Who Me?
I am a creative, homely and domesticated mother of two very active boys, the loving, loyal and by rare request slutty wife to my considerably older husband, a devoted daughter to my mother, uncivilized to the rest of my family and misunderstood by everyone else. Like I give a flying rats ass.

Hobbies?
(Not Limited To) cleaning, cooking, sewing, crocheting, quilting, walking, 500 piece jigsaw puzzles, driving, web design and graphics

My Web Designs

My Recipes

hump day
the family co-op
blowing my own horn... Thanks tornados, swollen parts, a love shack and a bulge.... Introducing... drinking, driving, needles and racing Quadruplets!
Adventure Archive
July 2004
August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 July 2005 August 2005 November 2006
Member Of


< ? Blogging Mommies # >

< # Made by Mom ? >
Groovy Blogs


Reading


*beep*
leave a message





the life of a mother with youth






Saturday, July 03, 2004
family day

I usually dread holidays, all of them, but it gets me excited to see the kids excited. Today they were really excited for a number of reasons. First of all, daddy came home from work this morning at 8:00AM. I packed the kids up early and we headed to get daddy with a coffee in hand. The "daddy song" was sang all of the way to get Daddy. As we pulled in the driveway at home, I was reminded that we had to go to Grandma's. Off we go, to Grandma's before we ever got the chance to get out of the car. I went in the house and Tim went to help my Dad work on my Mom's vehicle. The better part of the morning was spent this way. I was surprised when my Aunt from South Carolina came in but I was happy to see her and her dog, Sammy. I started getting a little antsy because I don't like people and suddenly my Mom's house was full of people. Including everyone there were 7 adults, 3 kids, 4 cats and a dog, it was time for me to go home. Since Nicholas was asleep on Mom's bed and we only live 10 minutes away, I left him there long enough for Tim, Isaac and me to come home, change and get ready to go to the cookout. I was torn between wanting to go and dreading the people. We rushed back to Mom's, got Nicholas and headed for the cookout. Thankfully, my Mom was driving her vehicle with my dad, my aunt, my cousin and his wife and Austin. She is easier to follow than my dad.

It takes a good 45 minutes to get to the other side of the mountain were the cookout was. It is a bunch of country folk, flat footing, horse shoes, eating and a touch of drinking were seen just about everywhere you looked. Strangers treating strangers like family, kids getting along and running wild in the huge yard -- that's how it is in the mountains. It had rained an inch before we got there and the fog was settling into the valley, it was truely beautiful. The food was excellent and no one clinged to me, Isaac was behaving and Tim was happy.

The fireworks this year were a sight to see. The fog in the valley made the perfect blanket. As the fireworks went up and exploded, the fog would catch the color and held it until the next firework went off. I do not think that I've ever seen fireworks like that nor will I see fireworks that ever match that beauty. I am glad that my family and friends were around to see them.

~~not independent and happy about that

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

design by April