Who Me?
I am a creative, homely and domesticated mother of two very active boys, the loving, loyal and by rare request slutty wife to my considerably older husband, a devoted daughter to my mother, uncivilized to the rest of my family and misunderstood by everyone else. Like I give a flying rats ass.

Hobbies?
(Not Limited To) cleaning, cooking, sewing, crocheting, quilting, walking, 500 piece jigsaw puzzles, driving, web design and graphics

My Web Designs

My Recipes

another day in paradise...
unbelievably smooth and then a little shit...
visiting neighbors, cleaning and litterbox diary..... how to get what you want, when you want it i need energy bob and me... i've lost my hump... teeth, nipples, aches and frustrations...
Adventure Archive
July 2004
August 2004 September 2004 October 2004 November 2004 December 2004 January 2005 February 2005 March 2005 July 2005 August 2005 November 2006
Member Of


< ? Blogging Mommies # >

< # Made by Mom ? >
Groovy Blogs


Reading


*beep*
leave a message





the life of a mother with youth






Tuesday, July 27, 2004
every mother's nightmare...

Despite everything that can happen to a child, there is one thing in particular that most mothers dread and that is their child growing up. The past week, Isaac has really tried my patience and nibbled on my nerve endings but today I realized that he was growing up and it was too late to stop it.

First thing this morning, Isaac jumps out of bed and runs to the bathroom. No one told him to go and the PODs aren't here yet. This impressed me. My mom and dad came over for breakfast this morning. I cooked bacon, eggs, homemade biscuits and my mom made gravy. Isaac didn't want the breakfast that I cooked and told me, "Momma, I want no eggs, I want oatmeal, the red kind." Strawberry cream oatmeal it was! He ate his bowl of oatmeal and helped his daddy eat his 3 eggs over medium. He insisted on underwear and had a few accidents but 2 of the 3 accidents were due to an occupied bathroom. Groovy!

As a result of Dish Network installing my 2cd receiver, Isaac has had cable in his room for a few days. Until now was not able watch it because he didn't have a TV. Today we bought him a 19 inch used TV for not very much money. He was totally excited about it and thanked us the entire way home, held the door open for his daddy to bring the TV and helped him set it up in his room. It was the cutest thing, Isaac laid on his bed while his daddy adjusted the TV on his dresser and he would say, "to the right daddy", "no, to the left", "there ya go, right there!"

Since Isaac was 1 year old, he has gotten a hair cut about every 5 or 6 weeks. I believe that if you make it important while they are young, they will grow up wanting to look acceptable. Isaac sat still for his original hairdresser, Mullette, but she wasn't available right before his second birthday so we had to go to a barber shop. A man named Kelly cut his hair and didn't do anything wrong, that I could tell, but every since then, Isaac has throw a complete and total fit each time we go near a place that cuts hair. It was so bad that people would actually say either, "that's ok, no charge for this one" or "I'm sorry but after all that, I need more than the posted cost." We always tipped big due to his behavior. I've always cut Tim's hair so 6 weeks ago, after I cut Tim's hair, he wrestled with Isaac for me to cut his hair. It took 2 of us, 2 pair of clippers, a wet cloth and a whole hour for me to cut his hair. Tonight, Tim wanted me to cut his hair and Isaac needed a hair cut very badly. The entire time that I cut Tim's hair, Isaac was in the corner of the "cartoon" room, screaming "no". I dreaded cutting his hair, I didn't think that I had enough energy to do it tonight but, to our amazement, he sat still! He cried the whole time and he had to sit on his daddy's lap but he held still and did exactly everything that I ask him to. It took all of 10 minutes! When I was finished with his hair, he jumped down off of his daddy's lap, grabbed my thigh, hugged it and said, "thanks Mom, that's better." I was so proud of him and let him know how proud I was. I don't keep candy around here so I gave him two pieces of gum as a reward for his behavior.

Nicholas is doing great. I have to admit that I am a little worried about his weight. He was 10lbs 10oz and 22 in long when he was born. He is a few days over 3 months now and he is 13lbs 7oz and 26 in long. It seems to me that he should be heavier than he is but the doctor and my breast consultant is completely satisfied with his weight gain and say that I should not be worried. He had green beans again tonight. You are only supposed to introduce new foods after you see how their little bodies react to the first food. So far, Nicholas loves green beans and his body likes it too. No reactions thus far!

~~feeling motherly

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

design by April